Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Post For Kelsie

Kelsie begged me to post again, so this is for you dear. I don't really have much new to report- I did get my visa last week. The experience was nothing much to talk about, except that I couldn't find the requirements for student visas online and I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone or my emails so I didn't have all my paperwork. The guy helping me was really nice though, and he let me email the rest in to him, and he even gave me my visa that very same day anyway! I wasn't expecting to be able to get it that very same day though, and so Holly and I spent a lot more time waiting around Seattle than we intended to (there was a storm on the pass), but it was worth it to get the visa!

Also in preparation for my travels, I have moved back to my parents' house this week. My mom is super busy this year with her dad's illness and Holly's music schedule, so I'm the Christmas elf of the house.

I also finally finished the last of my pre-travel paperwork for CWU, and I am all signed up for getting my credits when I get back- I think I'm going to get almost 30 which is awesome!

The last bit of formalities I'm still waiting on is to get my housing assignment and find out who my roommate and the other students will be, and I think that sould be happening any day. I also still don't have a guidebook, but I'm hoping that Christmas will bring me one so I can really start doing my research!

And I have now met 4 people who know where Guanajuato is and have travelled there, and I keep hearing great things! I can't wait.

Well, I think that's all I can possibly think of to report. I guess I'll be off to play in all the glorious snow that we have now. :)

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Hi Tootsie, I'm relaying a message for my mom: "I want to see Santa's elf in an apron, making cookies, or with wrapping paper!"

p.s. What's the snow like in Quincy?(We're snowed in here)

Love, Jay (and Julie)

Kelsie said...

Camillio! Thanks for writing this post just for me! And putting me in the title! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond; I am making one of these things right now! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Did you get your guidebook like you were hoping for??