But- here I am! I finally made it to Mexico, to begin this journey I have been dreaming about for so many years. I had to be at the airport at 4am, but both of my flights went very smoothly and I even got here with all of my bags in tow. My host mom, Maria Elena, seems to be just what you would hope for in a host mom; I haven't met my host siblings yet... Also, I'm living in a situation much nicer than I anticipated- just for an example, I was picked up today in the neighbor's brand new H2. I have my own, simple, room and bath, there's wireless internet in the house, and for dinner- a cheesy quesadilla with fresh Mexican avocados and homemade salsa. Mmm mmm mmm
I haven't spent much time with the other ISA students yet, but tomorrow we will be meeting together for our first orientation.
Sorry this post is a little bit businessey, but I'm tired and ready for bed! I'll be back with more later this week.
I haven't had a chance to take or upload many pictures yet, but here's a pic of my room (via macbook camera...)
2 comments:
Whistler?! LUCKY!
Your room is so cute!!! And an H2?? High ROLLA!
Post a Comment