Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Have A Home!

Today I FINALLY received my final departure packet from ISA, including the names of all 20 of us travellers, plus my host family info! I am very excited to announce that I will be living with Señora Maria and her 23 year old daughter, Haydee (I believe she is studying at the same University I will be attending). From what I can see, it looks like Haydee also has a twin brother (they're at least both born in the same year...). His name is Alejandro, but he does not live in the home, but studies at a University in Salamanca (MEXICO, not Spain).

The home is in the city center, and just a 10 minute walk to the University. There are no other students living in the home, but I think that has the potential to be a very good thing. With a host-sister my age, and no one else to speak English with at home, I hope that will help me learn more Spanish and integrate even more into the local culture.

I also finished (I HOPE!) my last minute shopping for my trip today. Nothing much to report there, except I learned again that the bill always has a funny way of adding itself up a little higher than I'd been hoping... :(

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I am now a follower of your blog! I miss you already, Rach and I have been thinking about you as you fly/hang out in Houston. We also prayed for you out loud in church today (haha, just kidding)! Well, not about the praying part, just the out loud stuff. Te amo mi amor.