Monday, February 16, 2009

Sick Days

This weekend's lesson: never count your chickens before they hatch.

I had a super busy last week, and by Tuesday night I was already anxiously awaiting the weekend. Friday afternoon rolled around, and I let the whole facebook world know that I "had never been so glad for the weekend." Much to my chagrin, less than 12 hours later I was suddenly overcome by a high fever, shakes and chills. To spare you the details- I have been one sick puppy for the last three days. I still haven't figured out exactly what the cause of it could have been, I've had such a strange potpourri of symptoms.

I'm finally feeling a bit stronger today, and my host sister Flavia took me to the doctor this morning. I brought a prescription of antibiotics that my doctor gave me back home, and he recommended that I start taking them.

I was really frustrated at first because I had been so looking forward to the weekend, and I had so many things planned to do and see around town, but really- if I was going to get sick this was the perfect time for it to happen (knock on wood)... I didn't have any travel plans, and because I got sick on Friday that gave me all the way through tomorrow to get to feeling better without missing class, although I did have to miss out on pre-school today.

I always used to brag that I was born to travel because I never get sick abroad... well, not anymore. :(

No comments: