Saturday, May 2, 2009

Back in the WA

I forgot completely about the possibility of using debit cards in place of cash, I keep trying to throw the toilet paper in the trash, and I feel a little strange walking around the house in my socks. Those are the little realities that assure me that i am no longer in Mexico.

The total travel time from Guanajuato to Quincy was about 17 hours, but it wasn't too bad. I had two of my good friends from my study group to accompany me on the first flight, and then when I boarded the second flight I got an unexpected surprise... my friend Matt (Hills) was smiling at me from his seat as I walked down the aisle to mine! I have never had an unexpected airport encounter like that before, but let me tell you it couldn't have come at a better time. It was so nice to have a friendly face to chat with on the flight to Seattle- I was sooo tired by then!

Our flight was about 45min late getting into Seattle (10:45), so Bryan was highly-caffeinated and excited by the time I got there. We went over to 13 Coins across the street where I was welcomed home by a delicious reuben sandwich, and then started our llllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg drive back to Quincy.

So, in the end I made it. A little shaken and in disbelief, but home.

In the next couple weeks I'm gonna try to post a highlights/farewell blog, in an attempt to get some closure to this crazy situation, so be on the watch for that!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Darci said...

Glad you made it home safe! Looks like you were right and this whole thing was blown way out of proportion. I bet it was SO good to see Mr. Jones:) I hope you start another blog once you finish Platform No. 13!

Mama y Papa said...

Que choque cultural debes tener ahorita. Acaba de leer de su viaje a Puerto Vallarta hace menos de un mes y ahora estas ya en Quincy. Ojala que puedas tener un verano lleno de placeres aunque no van a ser placeres mexicanos que sean placeres unicas como tu.
besos y abrazos . . .julie