Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

As the title of this post alludes, as of Friday, May 1st at 3:15pm, my study abroad travels will be over. This probably sounds very sudden, given my last update, but believe me- it feels a lot more sudden to me than to you. I don't have words for how heartbroken I am right now.

About half of my study abroad group made plans to leave after the news I left with you on Monday, but I believed, and still do- that I am not in danger and that this whole thing is being blown out of proportion and will blow over in a week or two. However, I made a promise to myself and my worried sick family that if the WHO raised the alert level to 5, I would leave. No one actually thought that would happen...

Well, it did. And although there is still no danger around me, I have no choice but to go. I have so many things left to do, so many thoughts to think- I have been preparing myself, and very contentedly, to return to the US in June, but this is just shocking. I'm not ready.

Hopefully it will blow over and I can return! If not, the upside is that I get to go see Bryan, and I'm not going to miss all of Luke's track season, or Holly's graduation. Plus I may even be able to actually find a job for the summer since I'll be back early now.

I just can't believe this is happening.

1 comment:

Darci said...

I'm sorry Camille! That would be really frustrating.

At least you get to see Bryan and your family!