Monday, March 9, 2009

Guadalajara: Post Travel Recap

First, I have to congratulate the Jacks on becoming district champs... sweet! First time in 25 years... not sweet. And brag that Luke made 4 threes in the game!!!! They're leaving tomorrow for state, and the first game is 9am Wednesday Morning. You can follow the tournament progression here.

Okay now that I officially have that stellar news out of the way, I can continue with the boring stuff. :) As you all know by now I went to Guadalajara this weekend! There were about ten of us who went and it was great- the historic downtown is beautiful, and there are lots of gorgeous old buildings scattered all over the city. Due to a sudden twist of fate, we even got to go to a soccer game- Arriba Atlas! With the help of my trusty Lonely Planet book, I continued my fame as guide book know-it-all, and we were satisfied, stuffed and safe all weekend.

Lesley and I ready to go root for Atlas!

The Stadium- notice our great $200 peso seats (that's about $14 USD)!

The endless agave fields of Jalisco.

Inside the Market in Guadalajara- here you can see three stories of food, clothes, shoes, leather goods, pirated cd's and dvd's, and souvenirs. Shoppers- bon apetit!

Lesley, Osvoldo and I outside of the Cathedral of Guadalajara. This was my favorite cathedral I've ever visited. Jay, Nicole and Whit- okay, I know what you're thinking- but really- it's beautiful! I'm sorry I didn't get a good pic of the inside, but you can try to google it!

My favorite of the four plazas that surround the cathedral.

Monica (bottom) and Renee at our hostel.

The only drawback was that I started developing a cough on the way there, and it's still getting stronger. :( I'm so over being sick!

1 comment:

Darci said...

That market looks like a lot of fun:)