
So today I got a new roommate. He is 71 years old, and him and his wife are traveling around Mexico and have decided to stop in Guanajuato for 2 weeks to study Spanish. They decided to stay in different homes so they could learn more... please let me be so adventurous when I am 71!!! Okay, and it doesn't stop there. As we continued talking, I learned that he is from Boulder! ...he's a sociology professor at the University of Colorado... AND he is personal friends with NOAM CHOMSKY! Yeah, they met when they were protesting the Vietnam War together over 20 years ago... For those of you who are not in psychology, linguistics, anthropology, or sociology- ol'Chomsky is pretty much the Albert Einstein of linguistics. So that's pretty impressive connections.
Anyway, I just couldn't let that little detail go un-posted. :) Hope you enjoyed the trivia.
No comments:
Post a Comment