For those of you who don't know my grandma Starr, she is the world's best bargain shopper. Her fortes are JC Penney's clearance racks, garage sales and Mexican markets. When I was younger we went to visit her and my grandpa in Palm Springs, and they took us to Tijuana for the day to try our hand at bargaining. You could say that I never had the talent... I tried to go into a fancy perfume shop and ask for half off the Tommy Girl perfume. Didn't really go over so well.Now that I am living here in Mexico, I'm finally starting to catch on- and this weekend I had the triumph of a lifetime! :) I have been looking for a great mask, with little success, until I saw this one at Teotihuacan this weekend. I wasn't looking to buy anything there because I figured everything would be WAY overpriced, but when I saw this baby I just had to ask. The guy told me $250 pesos, yeah right. I channeled grandma and got him to give it to me for $100.
Perhaps I can do this haggling stuff after all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment